"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Birthday Cake


My daughter's birthday was last week. It's hard to believe my baby is already 2 years old! The cake I made last year was.... cute, but kind of quirky (that's supposed to be a caterpillar, could you tell?):
So I set out to try something new this year. Luckily, I tore a page out of a Parents magazine that had some good ideas and right before I needed to make it, I found a great post on how to make a Rainbow Cake. How fun! Everyone loved it! I used a Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake I got from Walmart and divided the batter into 6 bowls. I added food coloring and poured them into 2 9" round pans. I iced it with this cream cheese frosting (the naughty one!) and added M&M's of different sizes to the outsides. This cake was definitely a big hit!



To see other awesome cake ideas, check out Life as Mom's URS-Birthday Cake Edition!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's adorable!

Stephanie O. on September 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM said...

Love this m&m cake! What a great idea...

Terra Heck on September 4, 2009 at 12:38 AM said...

Great job on the cake! Looks delicious.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

My Party File on January 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM said...

The rainbow cake is fabulous. And what a great idea to use cream cheese frosting - must have been extra yummy!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin